Passionately Casual Podcast Ep. 33: LIVE
↑ Press Play
A SWTOR Podcast for Unholy Alliance and Wookiee Mistake guilds on the Harbinger server. Our podcast is a proud member of MOG Nation!
This week we record live for the first time on Sechari’s channel twitch.tv/sechari. We think it worked out pretty well, although there were certainly challenges! As a result, you may find some subtle differences in the quality and sound of this episode. We also feature the second of Larry Everett’s In Character three-part series on the no-no’s of role play, this one on “powergaming” (which JT and Sechari had a lot of fun with). We also have an extensive discussion about toxicity and trolling in the SWTOR community in response to some recent comments on the part of JoeNeverFails.
The biggest story of the week is Unholy Alliance’s fourth annual Extra Life push! We’ve been able to raise over $9000 dollars over the last three years for the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals, and we plan to keep pushing the number higher this year! Join us at 1:00 PM EDT this Saturday, June 24th on the Harbinger Server for our 2017 Kickoff Event and/or make a donation to our 2017 team by clicking here. Don’t forget to grab a tee-shirt here (the profits go right to our Extra Life team). Events for the kickoff event include this year’s Eric Musco event “Musco Madness”, a Musco dance party, Quiplash with Kid Lee and numerous other shenanigans.
Also be sure to mark your calendar (June 24th) for the main 12-hour-marathon event. Check out Unholy Alliance’s Extra Life page for more details.
Also be sure to check the guild calendar for our usual set of events: WIP, WOG, etc.
- The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with a chance to win a Gamorrean companion!
- Starfighter: Everyone gets a gunship and a bomber available by default.
- Companions will now gain influence from crew missions.
- There is a 25% legacy CXP boost now available if you have one character to 300.
- Tier 4 armor is now craftable.
- Theron Shan and Shae Vizla’s appearances can now be customized.
- 120% and 130% mount speeds are now available as character perks.
- Tier 1 gear can now be purchased for command tokens from a vendor on fleet.
Coming soon: 5.3: Sisters of Carnage in July (which will include a new stronghold), and 5.4: Crisis on Umbara in August.
Toxicity and Trolling in SWTOR
What do you think about this topic? We have some management tips here. Do you have any ideas to help us take control of the toxic chat culture in SWTOR? Let us know in the comments or at Passionately.Casual@gmail.com
Links pertinent to our discussion on toxicity in the SWTOR community:
- How does anonymity play into Toxicity
- Online Disinhibition Effect
- Anonymity opens-split personality zone
- How the internet created an age of rage
- Anti Trolling Law UK
- Free Speech vs Trolling
- Stopping Internet Trolls BBC Article
- Good Gaming from Nature Magazine (League of Legends anti-troll measures)
- Proposed solutions
This week, Larry Everett discusses the second potential pitfall of role playing: “powergaming”.
Be sure to check out the other great SWTOR/Star Wars podcasts, blogs, and YouTube channels this month!
Our friends at The Usual Podcast celebrate their 100th episode! Congratulations Will and Marshall!
Star Wars News
Items covered in our Star Wars News segment:
The Star Wars 40th Anniversary Show
Battlefront 2’s trailer
…which was also covered by Vulkk here.
Contact The Passionately Casual Crew
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on Twitter @PC_Podcast. You can reach Jason @JT_holonet, Sechari @iamsechari, Larry @shaddoe, Wil @MandoLegion and Jessie @unholyalliances. Thanks, Mox, for the gifted editing this week! (Sechari thanks you especially).
Thanks for listening to the Passionately Casual Podcast! Till next time keep on playing and, I don’t know, fly casual.