Passionately Casual Podcast: Episode 4
A SWTOR Podcast for Unholy Alliance and Wookiee Mistake guilds on the Harbinger server
Guild and game news, shoutouts and the PC Tip of the week! At the end of the cast we will have be announcing the winner of our August contest!
Find out more about our guild and our show at at unholyalliance.org or wookieemistake.com (remember wookiee has 2 E’s) don’t forget to follow us on twitter @ PC_Podcast. You can reach Jessie @unholyallainces and JT @JT_Holonet
Progression Teams: Reminder if you are interested in Imperial progression, please contact Tyri through the website about Team Besh.
WOG: New super casual Ops Group starting soon! Expect to see more about the WOG Ops group in both guilds soon, check the website for details!
Also Don’t forget to sign up for our Extra Life Charity Marathon Team for The Extra Life Marathon and Half-Marathon are coming up on Nov 7. Last year we raised almost $2k, so far with our pre-season half marathon in May we have raised $250
Livestream- Make sure to check out our bonus cast (ep 3.1) for our coverage and thoughts
Forum threads addressed some more questions http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8412982#edit8412982
Crafting is on the To-Do list so look for something soon
Makeb Achievements being removed in 4.0
Community Shoutout: Be sure to check out the other great SWTOR and Star Wars Podcasts out there this month!
Felicia Day’s new book “You’re Never Wierd on the Internet (Almost)” is out to great reviews, including our very own Jessie’s review at TatooineDreams.com
Old Republic Radio 123- Half a Bad Feeling Guest Brian from Bad Feeling talks about legacy datacrons and the upcoming expansion
Congrats to Max and Sema from SWTOR Escape Podcast on their 2yr anniversary!
The Passionately Casual Tip of the Week:
Reasons to use keybinds
- Quicker – the faster you are able to hit an ability means more attacks or heals
- More precise – less likely to hit/click a wrong ability
- Damaging or healing while moving – this is essential for newer raid mechanics and a must in pvp
- grouping your keybinds make switching specs & to other toons makes it easier remembering abilities and also uses the muscle memory
To setup up your keybinds
- Once in-game click esc to and select peferences from the menu
- Open the tab along the bottom of the menu labelled keybinds
- Movement, Quickbars, Targeting are the primary ones to utilize for keybinds
- Go to movement & targeting to select the keys you wish to use.
- Quickbars is where you will place your class abilities. It is important to remember to think about comfort and location relative to your movement keys.
- Important abilities should be easiest to press and should also one key press
- It is best to group your keybinds that make the most sense to you.
*your subscription level will dictate the number of quickbars you have access to, 2 for F2P, 4 for Preferred, and 6 for Subs.
Included in our shownotes is a great keybind guide by Vulkk. He goes into more detail and offers the visual style to help the keybinding process easier for you to implement.
Keybinding Guide video by Vulkk
Podcast Contest: Our lucky winner of the Podcast contest “you write the story” is Vel. Congratulations to you for the 60-day game time code!!
All of the stories will be posted on Tatooinedreams.com later this week!
How to reach us: Email: email@example.com
Thanks for listening to the Passionately Casual Podcast, till next time keep on playing and, I don’t know, fly casual.